Saturday, October 17, 2009

Deer Hunt





Molly and I loaded everybody up on Friday morning and headed for the hills to see if we could get a deer. Molly is the best spotter ever and she can see them from a long ways off. We found a little buck about 200 yards up a hillside. I shot him through the lungs and Kaden helped me find him. He ran about 20 yds and crashed. I dragged him most of the way down before the family came up. Everybody came up the hill to see, then Mom, Sadie, and Gabe went back down while Zach and Kaden helped me gut the deer. Zach got a kick out of it and kept asking if he could poke the deer's eyeball with a stick. I dragged the buck the rest of the way down the hill and slid him into the bed of the pickup. One of the easiest deer hunts ever. It was fun to have the family there.

1 comment:

The Whos said...

Grandpa Donahoo always took his family with him when he hunted with the fellas, and it worked good. You are one lucky man to have your kill up on the sidehill like that. I also heard that Kaden shot his first duck: nice job.

Zack asked if he could poke my eye with a stick when I was at your house (I said no because I had to drive). Nice buck. How was the bladder?