Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Don't clean your room!




This is Sadie at school and her organization skills are clearly demonstrated by the picture of her desk. She is very clean and it drives her crazy to have any clutter. This is very frustrating to me as a parent. Read on and you will understand...

One day, I was trying to come up with a punishment for Sadie and I decided to have her clean the toilets in all 3 bathrooms. I thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately, she enjoyed it and even emptied all the garbages too. I have now decided that her punishments will be things like not cleaning her room for a week, or maybe I'll make her mess up her shoes in the closet. This would be devestating to her.

2 comments:

The Whos said...

My desk always had 3 or 4 years build-up of those stupid white Crayons nobody ever uses. Oh, and feel free to "not punish" Sadie by sending her to our house to clean for a weekend vacation.

The Donahoo Fam said...

Can Sadie please come live with Linsey for a while? I don't know what happened to her, she used to be such a clean freak. Now I find empty wrappers and trash on the floor, clothes everywhere, and her backpack from the end of school LAST YEAR is "hidden" in her closet and still as full as the day she came home! She must be Neal's kid.